AS part of human resource development, an International School of Milling Technology was established as a joint Indo-Swiss venture and Roller Flour Miller Federation of India project during 1981 to serve the needs of flour milling industry in India and other developing countries with regard to training in flour milling technology.
Institute: Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI)
School: International School of Milling Technology
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering/technology
- Any degree from a recognised University (Arts, Commerce, Science or equivalent)
- City & Guilds Certificate in Flour Milling
- Milling and Cognate subjects- Diagram Technique, Mill Operation, Mill Machine, Mill practice- I & II, Automatic Milling practice, Cereal Science and Baking Technology.
- Basic Subjects- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Applied subjects - Mechanics, Electrical Technology-Theory and practical, Energy Management, Technical Drawing, Infestation Control, Packaging Technology, Feed Milling, Nutrition, Computer Science.
- Study Tour - Study tour to various commercial Rollers Flour mills & allied industries.
- A month long Inplant training at ISMT Mill (20 tones/day capacity) & Automatic Mill practical classes are also a part of the course.
Selection: Selection is based on the merit list of marks/grade of the qualifying degree examination, experience in flour milling and sponsorship. An aptitude test/interview can also be conducted by CFTRI, if required.
Course Fees: Rs. 75,000. Boarding & lodging expenses provided at the International Hostel will have to be borne by the students
How to apply: Click here to download application form
Students can request for application form and the prospectus either by crossed Indian Postal Order or Demand Draft for Rs. 150/-drawn in favour of “The Director, CFTRI, Mysore”.
Click here to view details
Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI),
Mysore 570 020
Phone: (0821) 2514310/ 2514760
Application deadline: June 30, 2012