Institute: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
Programme: Ph.D. Programme under IIST Fellowship in the areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics and Physics
Click here to download Programme Details and Area of Research (.pdf)
Eligibility: Masters Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent. However, outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Candidates with Master’s degree in basic science subjects and Humanities must be NET qualified (JRF) to be considered for the Ph.D. programme
Age Limit: Applicant should be below 28 years as on June 18, 2012. Age relaxation is applicable as per Govt.of India Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
Fellowship: The Scholars selected for IIST Ph.D. programme will be given a fellowship of Rs.16,000 / Rs.18,000 for the first two years based on the qualifications.
- Selection will be based on a written test followed by an interview.
- List of shortlisted candidates for written test and the dates of written test / interview will be displayed in IIST website by 1st week of Jan 2012.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a written test in their relevant areas.
- Written test of two hours duration will be conducted at IIST, Trivandrum during 3rd week of Jan 2012.
- The written test will aim to evaluate the basic understanding of the relevant subject area. The test may contain both descriptive and objective questions.
- Candidates qualified in the written test will be required to appear for an interview the following day.
- Selected candidates will be intimated within a week of the final interview. Results will also be displayed in our website.
- Outstation candidates will be paid to and fro sleeper class train fare by shortest route, or actual fare (whichever is lower) for attending the test / interview.
How to apply: Click here to download application form
- Duly filled application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695547, Kerala, in a sealed envelope, with the superscription “Application for IIST Ph.D. Programme – Feb 2012”.
- Application form should be accompanied by a fee of Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty only) (Rs. 125/- for SC/ST candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, IIST” payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
NOTE: Separate Application-Forms shall be used to apply for each Research-Area listed under different Department-Codes. However, a single Application-Form may be used to apply for more than one Research-Area listed under the same Department-Code.
Application deadline: June 18, 2012
Click here to view details
Address: The Administrative Officer,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547
Phone: (0471) 256-8462