Institute: Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
Programme: Pre-Doctoral and Ph. D. Programme
Note: During the Pre-doctoral and the first year of the Ph.D. programme, students are paid a fellowship of Rs. 16,000/- p.m. On satisfactory performance after the first year of the Ph.D. programme, they are placed in Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) grade and paid Rs. 18,000/- p.m. fellowship. In addition, there is a contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- per year to meet expenses on books and for domestic travel to attend conferences and workshops. The HBNI also supports the student for participating in an International conference once during the doctoral programme. The medical facilities are available at par with the regular employees.
- M.Sc. in Physics with a minimum of 55% marks (in aggregate).
- A valid GATE score of 95 percentile or higher
- CSIR / UGC- NET qualifiers (for research fellowship) within last one year.
- Candidates who have qualified JEST-2012 with a minimum score of 35 need not send any application. They will be contacted directly by the Institute. If a candidate has scored less than 35 in JEST-2012 but satisfies any of the criteria for GATE/NET as above, he/she may also send the application.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester/year of M.Sc., who have already qualified in GATE or CSIR/UGC-NET can also apply. They should submit the relevant proof before joining the pre-doctoral programme. In case of non-availability of the M.Sc. results at the time of joining, the admission will be treated as provisional.
Selection process: All eligible candidates, whether through JEST-2012 or through application against this advertisement, will have to appear for a short written test on the morning of 11th June, 2012. Result of the written test will be published on the same day and short-listed candidates will have to appear for a personal interview between June 11–13, 2012. Final merit list will be prepared based on the scores of both the written test and the interview.
How to apply: Application in prescribed format, should be sent only by E-mail as a PDF/DOC file to email@example.com.
Application deadline: May 10, 2012
Click here to view details
Institute of Physics
Sachivalaya Marg, Bhubaneswar
Orissa, INDIA – 751 005
Phone: (91-674) 2306444, 2306666, 2306500