Programme: Twinning Programme for the North-East 2012
Organized by: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
About the programme: Under the special programme, R&d proposals with strong biotechnological intervention are invited from Indian scientists working in any North-Eastern States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura) in collaboration with Scientists from National Institutions from any part of the country (other than North-East institutions).
Areas of Research:
- Medical Biotechnology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Aquaculture & Marine Biotechnology
- Environment Biotechnology
- Healthcare including Alternative Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bioinformatics,Computational and Systems Biology
- Food and Nutrition Biotechnology
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Industrial Biotechnology
Objective: To help establish and strengthen Biotechnology based R&d activities in the North-East through joint-ventures
- Open to Scientists working on regular basis at Universities/Colleges/Research Institutions in North-Eastern states as well as those working in National Institutions in other parts of the country. The 'centre of gravity' of the research activity should remain in the North-East.
- Principal Investigator (PI) should not have more than 3 research projects as PI and 5 research projects as Co-Principal Investigator with DBT
Selection Procedure: The proposals will be evaluated by a committee of experts. The investigators of the shortlisted projects may be required to make presentations before the committee.
How to apply:
- For details of application procedure, contact Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology.
- On the top of application, write 'Twinning Programme for the NE-2012' and mention the broad subject area.
- Click here to download the format for writing the proposal.
- The detailed proposals (two hard copies) along with the application should be signed by collaborating Prinicipal Investigators and endorsed by Head of the Institutions and reach Dr. Vaishali Panjabi, Scientist 'C', North East Region Biotechnology Programme Management Cell (NER BPMC), A-254, Bhisham Pitamah Marg, Defence Colony, New Delhi-110024
- A soft copy of the proposal should also be sent to email@example.com
View details of the programme in the Hindustan Times newspaper, page 11, dated April 28, 2012
Application Deadline: June 4, 2012
Department of Biotechnology
North East Region Biotechnology Programme Management Cell (NER BPMC),
A-254, Bhisham Pitamah Marg,
Defence Colony, New Delhi-110024
Phone: (011) 24362788, 24369611